Do you happen to be somebody who’s planning to buy a fresh air conditioner for making your living more comfortable compared to what it was before? In the event of you being interested in buying an air conditioner for the foremost time, you require ensuring the truth that the conclusion has been arrived at with total awareness of the subject matter. While being on the look out to buy an air conditioner, you can look into the tips recommended by the professionals. Besides that, you are also able to take proposals from your buddies/ relatives who’ve bought air conditioners of late. This would be helping you make a well-versed decision.
Of course, it’s not always convenient to do a complete A/C inspection during the early stages of purchasing a home. My clients usually do multiple showings during the day; then, they’ll come back for a second showing of their first choice. Problems you might face when buying an air conditioner at a big online store like HVAC Direct:
1) While doing the showing, be sure the air filters are clean. It’s impossible to diagnose a problem with the central unit if it’s not getting proper air flow. If the filters are dirty, ask the homeowners to change them before you come back for the third time.
2) Turn the Heat way up or A/C way down. The unit will take about 15 minutes to noticeably cool/heat the air. The difference in temperature between the vents and returns should be 15 to 20 degrees. During a 45 minute show, the temperature should change dramatically.
3) While walking around the house, be sure all the vents have a decent air flow into the home. It’s possible for the unit to be working but for poor performance due to low air flow.
4) When walking around the outside of the home, stand next to the unit for a moment. If the unit is unusually loud, the unit might near the end of its useful life even though it’s still working well at the moment.
5) I usually suggest that all my customers that have air conditioners inspected by a certified air conditioning contractor before buying a home but be sure to do the inspection if you’ve noticed one or more of the above problems.
Typical home inspectors do not have the expertise or equipment to inspect the air conditioner properly. In fact, by following the steps above, you’ve completed the typical A/C inspection by a home inspector, so it’s important to use a licensed air conditioning contractor.
If the contractor notices an issue, then you still have time to make the seller fix it before you buy. Many sellers will go ahead and fix or replace the unit because real estate agents, including the agent’s agent, are legally bound to disclose the problem to all future buyers.
When you are purchasing air conditioning system for the first time, you should also be careful about the maintenance of the system. If the maintenance of the air conditioner is not at regular interval of time, the machine may start malfunctioning, and you may have to spend an enormous amount of money for repairing the system. Someone who is using an air conditioner for the first time should know how to operate the system. Learn every detail about the operation of the machine to get the best return for your money.